Reliable underground drainage system suitable for private or adoptable foul and surface water sewers.
Marley underground systems include a solid wall range, predominately for around the house drainage, and Quantum structured wall range for sewer and highway drainage applications. Marley underground system complies with Sewage Sector Guidance (SSG) and meets the Ofwat’s Code for Adoption Design and Construction Guidance (DCG).
- Strong, light-weight PVCu drainage system with high resistance to aggressive soil and chemicals found in domestic sewage
- Flexible joints ensure they remain watertight under working conditions to prevent pollution of the surrounding ground
- Solid wall drainage system in 110mm and 160mm
- Quantum structured wall system in 150mm, 225mm and 300mm for sewer and highway drainage applications
- Large diameter highway system in 375mm, 450mm and 600mm for highway drainage applications
- Compliant with the relevant BS EN 1401, BS EN 13476, EN 13598, BS EN 124, BS EN 4600 and WIS 4-35-01 standards. Contact us for individual details
Frequently Asked Questions
All 150mm Quantum sockets have been designed for use with Quantum pipes and 160mm solid wall pipes to BS EN 1401. To adapt a Quantum fitting to accept 160mm solid wall drainage pipe, a snap cap SNC6 and seal SP160T must be fitted to the end of the socket to enable a connection to be made.
Connection between 150mm Quantum and 110mm solid wall pipe can be achieved by fitting a snap cap SNC6 and seal SR160T to the end of the socket. A connection can then be made to a 160x110mm reducer URM604.
Yes, if the as-dug material is not suitable, use 10mm nominal single size granular material. See ‘Design & Design Installation Guide’ for further details.
Use UCA40 on 130mm new thin wall drains or UCA41 on older drains that measure 133/140mm.
Use a gully with boss adaptors or take waste pipe below grating, use stub waste pipes.
1.2 metres for shallow applications (2 full UCR2 risers and a third cut down).
450mm inspection chambers for deep applications can be fitted up to 4m within a traditional chamber construction, but must have reduced access and use special heavy grade chamber base (e.g. UCC5 and UCC450) and risers (e.g. UCR3).
450mm inspection chambers for adoptable applications can be fitted up to 3m within a traditional chamber construction, but must have reduced access and use special heavy grade adoptable chamber base (e.g. UCC5 and UCC450) and risers (e.g. UCR3).
See ‘Design & Design Installation Guide’ for further details.
All adoptable chamber bases are easily identified on site due to their blue snap caps.
PVCu has good chemical resistance and, if installed correctly, should last the lifetime of a building.